The best way to get help is via e-mail. We know waiting is not fun, so we check email frequently and will try to respond to your questions quickly. We're on the West coast of the United States, so questions during the night in our time zone may take a while to get an answer, but otherwise you can expect a fast response.
For e-mail support write us at luminos-support(this part is to confuse spam robots -- remove it)@(this part too)wobbleworks.com or use the Technical Support link in Luminos' browser menu (the magnifying glass icon).
- Sometimes things in the OS seem to get gummed up. Try restarting your iOS device by holding the power button until the "Slide to power off" appears and use that to power down your device. Then hold the power button to turn it back on.
- Sending a crash log is the best way to report a crash. With a crash log we can cross reference your crash directly into the source code to (hopefully) quickly
locate the cause. Those files contain detailed information about what the software was doing when it crashed. Those files do not normally include any personal data other than possibly containing your device's ID. They are plain text so just open them in a text editor to review the contents if you're concerned about it. Here are the steps to find one:
- Launch the "Settings" app on your device.
- Choose the "General" category.
- Choose the "About" category (usually the first one).
- Choose "Diagnostics & Usage" (usually near the bottom).
- Choose "Diagnostic & Usage Data".
- Choose the crash log for Luminos which matches the date of the incident, i.e. Luminos_2013-06-14-xxxxx_yyyyy.plist
- Inside that list, tap and hold to Select All and Copy.
- Create an email to the address above and email us that crash log.
- As a last resort you may want to re-install Luminos. This should only be done if you don't have any data in Luminos you care about (observation lists, seen objects). To re-install, delete the App by holding down on its icon in the iOS desktop until it starts wiggling and shows an X button. Tap that button to delete the app and then re-install it from the App Store by finding its product page or by browsing through your Purchases list. Apple will not charge you a second time for the app.